Friday, April 10, 2009

Music




I LOVE music. I LOVE to sing, play the piano (I've owned several including a $10,000 upright grand, play the organ (I've owned several including a Wirlitzer), play the clarinet in marching bands and concert bands, conducted choirs, sung solos in competitions and won. Music has always been a big part of my life. UNTIL I lost my hearing at the age of 65. Now my music is in my head and heart..... nonstop. I can sing a hymn while typing this.... it is that easy for me.
When our precious only son died suddenly, the only things I could think of were hymns. I found myself sketching a picture and writing my favorite hymn under it. I put this is his casket and I'm glad I did. It felt right.

Recently, one of my extremely talented grandsons, inherited my old metal clarinet because he and his brother both have lots of MUSIC in them. I'm thrilled!

1 comment:

Laura's Latest said...

I agree with you whole-heartedly! The Hymns are so precious and can bring peace and speak to our souls like nothing else.
I'm so glad the boys are following in your musical footsteps!