Friday, April 10, 2009

Combining Graphite Art and Fabric Art

I've ALWAYS sewn, it seems like. My dear mother taught me to sew everything under the sun (she was a 4-H leader for many years). I sewed my clothes, my children's clothes, my grandchildren's clothes, knitted clothing and afghans, crocheted everything I could find a pattern for and created my own patterns, and created and made dolls and animals from yarns and fabric. I LOVE to do that. Then I discovered the fine arts. I was consummed by it..... I've exhibited oils, watercolors, and graphite landscapes and botanical and stilllife and won several awards. My fine art work is included in the private collections in New York, Chicago, Florida, California, Idaho, Utah, Texas, etc. I love to work in graphite and find the botanicals (flowers, animals, etc) to be my favorites. The Missouri Botanical Conservatory exhibited my work of orchids one summer for several months. The prestigous Galleria in Toronto, Canada, exhibited my works last year for several months.
I find that I can sketch fabric art and love it. Life is fun for this senior citizen.

2 comments:

Laura's Latest said...

Sewing is fun! For the first time in my life I really feel like that. I can't wait for us to make our table runners!

You are so incredibly talented - I hope some of that rubs off on me:)

I love seeing everything you create!

Laura's Latest said...

You don't know what it does to my heart to read "life is fun for this senior citizen"!!! Not the 'senior citizen' part :) but the 'life is fun' part - I want you to be happy!