Monday, February 28, 2011

Arizona Tour in March



I can tell this is going to be a very hard month for me. Everyday I re-live the wonderful month-long trip Virgil and I took to tour Arizona. We went to all four corners, and everything inbetween. One day we were cruising along on an isolated smooth stretch of the highway in the southern Arizona desert, and came upon an even-more-isolated Chevron station. We stopped to enjoy a little picnic in the car, walk Toodles, and relieve ourselves. Guess what? The "outie") had no door and was absolutely filthy (hadn't been clean since it was built ages ago), and I thought I'd die (giggling). I didn't, but I didn't use the outie either. (laughing)

One very interesting place we visited was in the most south-eastern of the state, and it was the cutest little town, snuggled into the desert mountains...... Bisbee! We toured the Queen Mine and fell in love with this area. The folks running the mine tour are the guys who used to work the mine. I'm posting a couple web sites that will show the mine and that adorable little town.

http://www.bisbeemuseum.org
http://queenminetour.com

No comments: